Friday, December 14, 2012

WDW 2013 Annual Passholder Series Pins

The Annual Passholder pin series have been hit or miss for me over the past couple years. I'll still have to see the 2013 pins in person before passing final judgment, but I'm sure warming up to them. We first saw a slide at Mickey's Circus of this 5 pin open edition set for APs.
I was not too impressed by this New Fantasyland inspired set. So unforgettable it was, that I didn't even remember seeing it when PinPics posted the following image recently.
These look so much better than what we saw on the slide. I will still have to see them in person before I decided to drop the $59.95 expected asking price though. They will have to look phenomenal. I do enjoy any pin that gives me a stained glass look, which these do. We should see these around the resort on January 3, 2013. 

Next up is the "A World of Magic 2013" series for APs of WDW. This series will feature 5 pins. The first of which is open edition and will be released in January. The second pin is LE 2500 and will also be released in January. The following 3 pins will be released over the course of the year. 
The five pins will interlock and feature different characters. The four parks and resort entrance are featured. This is a recurring theme for me, but the concept art didn't hook me. However these images from PinPics did.

The detail around the frame of the MK pin is wonderful. You can see a train and tea cups and the castle and Dumbo. What do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment